The EX123 Series
Stability, versatility and utility. A great choice for paddling, camping, fishing or all of the above! The EX123 Expedition is the SUV of kayaks.
Top Gun Grey
SUV OF KAYAKS
The EX123 was designed with stability, versatility, and utility in mind, making it a great choice for paddling, camping, fishing, or all of the above!
One of the most unique sit-inside kayaks on the market, and perhaps ever built, the EX123 lives up to its title as the SUV of kayaks. Its unmatched features, performance, and storage capabilities are poised to redefine the expectations of paddlers and anglers alike.
Sporting a sleek and nimble variant of the signature Bonafide HyCat hull, the EX123 paddles with ease, while the unmatched stability means you can move around or even stand up confidently.
The EX123 offers great cargo space with multiple storage options from bow to stern:
- A shallow, molded-in forward storage well with a hook resistant, vinyl coated cover offers a great place to quickly stow smaller items like dry bags.
- The removable console has an integrated MiniTub with plenty of storage to keep your phone, wallet, keys, and more dry and secure. Pop the lid and utilize the integrated selfie stand to get that perfect hero shot, or simply hold your phone to utilize a navigation app. Other console features include not one but two cup holders and multi-use pockets for fishing lures and other quick-access items. The hold-down knobs can be removed and replaced with YakAttack LockNLoad track mounts, enabling the addition of rod holders, fishfinder displays, and many other accessories.
- The rear hatch offers a new spin on a traditional cover, which we call the HatchWell. This multi-function design features a shallow molded in tub on top, similar to the stern tankwell found on most sit on top kayaks, complete with tie-down shock cord for securing crates, dry bags or other gear. To access dry storage below, simple unlatch and lift. The oversized hatch allows easy access for larger items, and the watertight bulkhead ensures your camping gear, dry bags, and other essential gear stays dry.
Keeping with the Bonafide standard for all day comfort, the QuickClick Stadium Seat in the EX123 sits higher than most, allowing a more ergonomically correct seated position, especially when compared with the notoriously uncomfortable low seats found in traditional sit-inside kayaks. The seat itself has ample lower back support and adjustable support straps that enable you to adjust the tension to tune it to your personal preference.
Kayak fishing found its roots in affordability, portability, and simplicity, and the EX123 gets great marks on all 3, making it the perfect grab and go fishing kayak for quick and all-day outings alike. At under 60 lbs, you can throw it up on your shoulder, or onto your roof rack. The sit-inside design is perfect for those backwater honey holes or areas with lots of standing timber, with no scuppers to get submerged stumps stuck in. Add 2 flush mounts, a very standable platform, deck traction, and lots of room for fishing gear from bow to stern, and the EX123 just might be the perfect platform to remind you why you started kayak fishing to begin with, enabling you to spend more time fishing and less time dealing with everything else.
Whether it’s a quick paddling or fishing trip after work, or a multi-day expedition, the EX123 truly is the SUV of kayaks, offering a stable, comfortable, and lightweight option to live your next adventure. But don’t take our word for it. Visit your local Bonafide dealer, schedule a demo, and try it for yourself.
The SUV of kayaks
Ratings by Category
- Flat Water 8.0
- Slow Current 7.0
- Fast Current 5.0
- Choppy Water 7.0
- Surf 3.0
- Stability 6.0
- Speed 10.0
- Tracking 10.0
- Agility 8.0
- Comfort 8.0
MEET THE SERIES 12' 3" Expedition | The SUV of Kayaks
|Length||Width||Honest Weight||Capacity||Deck Height||Hull Material|
|12’ 3”||29.5”||50 lbs hull weight; 63 lbs w/o seat, 67 lbs w/ seat||375 lbs||15.5”||Rotomolded Polyethylene|
Note: Capacity is determined by taking kayak weight + paddler weight + gear weight. Bonafide determines capacity by where the performance of the kayak becomes very diminished.
- Made in the USA
- HyCat™ Hull design
- Oversized Fat Grip™ Handles
- Deck Dashboard with MiniTub™ Dry Hatch
- Molded in cup holders and storage trays
- QuickClick™ Stadium Seat
- Stern Sealed Bulkhead
- Stern HatchWell™ with bungee
- Hatch Access for gear storage
- Dual skid plates
- Two Flush Mount Rod Holders
- Deck Traction Pads
MEET SOME OF THE BONAFIDE PROS WHO RELY ON THE EX123
"I love having the comfort of a stadium seat in a sit in kayak and the fact that you can stand is a great feature as well"